|Born||November 3rd, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Powers and Abilities|
Sam Reid is a half-demon born to a demonic mother, Elizabeth, and a mortal father on November 3rd, 2001. His mother seduced his father to have a hybrid child that would be more powerful than her and could easily infiltrate the mortal world. When Sam was born, his mother killed his father in cold blood and raised Sam as a demon.
Unknown to Sam himself, his mother is also the mother of Cole Turner, the half-demon once known as Belthazor, who was once married to Phoebe Halliwell and became the Source. Elizabeth had sired several demonic children over the centuries to infiltrate the mortal world and make herself more powerful through her children.
Sam was born to John Reid, a wealthy business man, and Elizabeth, a demon who pretended to be mortal. Elizabeth secuded John and the couple got married after only a three months. A month later Elizabeth announched she was pregnant, just as she had planned. When Elizabeth gave birth to her son, she revealed her true demonic nature and killed John that same night, making it seem like a suicide. Elizabeth continued to raise her son alone, preparing him to balance the mortal and the demonic world. Elizabeth was a cruel and abusive mother and taught her son to supress his humanity and embrace his demonic legacy. By orders of his mother, Sam grew up to be a demonic hitman, killing innocents and other demons to rise in power, while remaining in the mortal world as his father's wealthy heir.
Betraying His Mother
When Sam grew older, his soul and conscious started eating at him, causin him to experience human emotions for the first time and having horrible nightmares and illusions of his victims. His mother told him to supress his soul and brought in a Dark Priest to extract it. However, Sam refused and vanquished the Priest. He then turned on his mother and tried to vanquish her as well, telling her that he wanted to be free from her terror. Elizabeth then retreated and swore revenge against him.
Captured and Escape
Growing up in a world where magic was exposed, Sam learned to be careful in his affairs. To make up for his past crimes and to cleanse his soul, he started helping magical beings into hiding from the government. However, during one night, he was sedated and captured. He was then transported to a secure facility, where he was studied and tortured to discover his weaknesses.
Meanwhile, a magical resistance led by Melinda Wyatt attacked the facility and freed all prisoners. Melinda found Sam being tortured and freed him, not knowing that he was a demon. When she found out, she tried to kill him and the two fought, until they realized they could only escape by working together. Sam and Melinda then escaped the facility and went their seperate ways.
After escaping the facility, Sam realized that he would redeem himself by joining Melinda's resistance. He tracked them down and found the resistance headquarters under the nightclub P3. When he entered the base, Melinda trapped him in a force field and demanded to know why he was there. Sam tried to convince her that he wanted to help, and she released him. However, Melinda's friends Bridget Ellis and Jake Porter didn't trust him. Sam then promised he would prove himself and they allowed him to join.
Powers and Abilities
- Shimmering: A demonic form of teleportation.
- Energy Balls: The ability to throw spheres of energy resembling electric discharges.
- Super Strength: The ability to enchance his strength to far beyond humanly possible.
- Sonic Scream: The ability to unleash a high-pitch sonic scream, capable of shattering objects and killing or hurting beings.
- Vocal Persuasion: The ability to put an invidivual in a trance with a compelling voice, bending them to the user's will and influencing their actions.
- Sensing: The ability to sense and locate other beings.
- High Resistance: The ability to be resistant against magical and physical harm.
- Voice Manipulation: The ability to alter the voice and sound like someone else.
- Immortality: Being immune to the effects of aging and diseases and potentially living forever.
- Sam's appearance is based on Sam Witwer.