Spirits, also known as Ghosts, are the spiritual essences or souls of the deceased. Most spirits remain in the afterlife, unless they are reincarnated. However, some spirits remain on earth and are referred to as earthbound spirits. These spirits have not been able to move on for some reason. This could be due to unfinished business or the injustice of their death.
When spirits are in the world of the living, they are surrounded by an energy or substance known as Ectoplasm. This allows them to be seen and gives them the power to interact with the world of the living. Spirits are often invisible or transparent but can sometimes appear whole. Witches and other magical beings are capable of seeing spirits.
Spirits are usually considered to be neutral, but their individual morality is established by who they were in life and how they died. Under normal conditions, a spirit ghost will start out confused and disorientated before realizing they are dead. In some cases, a trauma of sudden death can so great that a ghost will think that are still alive and continue in a routine from their lives, oblivious to the fact they are dead. The longer a ghost remains on earth, the more dangerous and violent it can become. Eventtually spirits can become so tormented that they become malevolent that they become poltergeists and lash out at anyone who crosses their paths.
Vengeful Spiritsare not evil in nature, but merely seek vengeance for their murder or that or a loved one. They can evolve into being able to form a tangible body due to their heightened emotions. Their primary goal is to seek justice or vengeance against those that killed them. When their task is fulfilled, they may cross over to the afterlife. However, when a spirit lets their vengeance consume them, they cannot cross over and are doomed to walk the earth forever or be banished to hell.
Some spirits are not the ghosts of the dead, many are magical creatures that may be born from darkness or the sad memories of others. These spirits can be benevolent or evil. These spirits can also be demons or are people that made a bargain with darkness, causing them to become spirituel beings between life and death.
To Summon SpiritsEdit
Witches and other magical beings have the power to summon spirits from the afterlife. Spirits of loved ones can be summoned for help or advice or innocent spirits can be summoned to tell their story. Evil beings can also summon spirits to do their bidding for them. However, summoning spirits is always riskful as one can never be sure what will cross over from the other side or how the spirits will react.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Spirits can possess various powers, depending on their species and power as living beings. However, not all spirits possess the powers listed below.
- Wisping: The ability to teleport through wisping lights.
- Floating: The ability to float a few inches above the ground.
- Invisibility: The ability to become unseen by the naked eye. Most spirits are always invisible to mortals.
- Intangibility: The ability to be intangible and move through solid objects. Spirits are generally intangible.
- Possession: The ability to possess the bodies of the living.
- Plasma Balls: The ability to throw balls of plasma energy.
- Electrokinesis: The ability to manipulate electricity and throw bolts of lightning.
- Sensing: The ability to sense and locate other beings.
- Corporealization: The ability to become tangible.
- Limited Projection: Some spirits possess the ability to write and leave messages from the afterlife.