Whitelighters are loyal to The Elders, a council of powerful angelic beings that function as the authority of the forces of good magic. The Whitelighters are pacifists by nature and fulfill a guiding role toward their charges.
The Elders are a council of high-ranking Whitelighters, who act as the highest authority of good magic. The Elders are the bosses of Whitelighters and assign charges and provide information to Witches when needed. The Elders generally remain in The Upper Regions and rarely leave.
Becoming a WhitelighterEdit
One may become a Whitelighter after death when one has been destined to become one. These mortals are referred to as Future Whilighters and are paragons of good that are meant to do good in their lives. Upon fulfulling their destiny in life, these mortals are given the choice to become Whitelighters after death by the Elders. However, when one does not fulfill their destiny is life, either through choice or the influence of evil, they may not become Whitelighters after death.
When one chooses to become a Whitelighter, they are are given a new life in a body composed of orbs that resemble their mortal bodies. As such, Whitelighters become immortal and are given a wide array of powers and abilities to help them in their new role as guides and protectors.
Whitelighters are generally assigned charges, individuals they are meant to guide or protect, by The Elders. However, sometimes a special connection between a Whitelighter and a charge may develop naturally. Charges may be Witches or Future Whitelighters who are destined to become Whitelighters themselves.
Whitelighters are able to sense the location of their charges and if they are hurt or in danger. When a charge is hurt, the Whitelighter feels his or her pain, though this can be overcome. When a charge calls out the name of the Whitelighter, he or she will hear this through their shared connection. However, the charge can also be put on "mute".
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Active Powers
- Orbing: The ability to teleport through the use of orbs.
- Hovering: The ability to rise a few feet in the air, with or without orbs.
- Glamouring: The ability to change one's appearance to look like another human being.
- Cloaking: The ability to hide oneself or others from magical detection. Limited to charges.
- Healing: The ability to heal physical wounds and injuries.
- Photokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate light and orbs.
- Thermokinesis: The ability to mentally control and manipulate heat.
- Mind Manipulation: The ability to enter one's mind via telepathic charge connection, which can also be used to enter dreams.
- Omnilingualism: The ability to understand, speak, and read any language without training in it. Limited to the language of charges.
- Other Powers
- Sensing: The ability to locate and find other magical beings.
- High Resistance: The power to be resistant to potentially lethal powers.
- Reconstitution: The ability to reform the body after it was destroyed.
- Regeneration: The ability to instantly heal oneself after being injured.
- Immortality: The ability to have an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.